Please keep in mind when doing this, it will cause any saved documents to be completely removed from your device. You will need to use an OTG cable and a USB keyboard to complete the process.
From the Sign In screen, tap on the power icon on the lower right corner on your device.
- Hold the Shift Key using a separate USB keyboard
- With the Shift Key pressed, select Restart
- Wait for the Surface to restart. A new screen will pop up on startup. If asked, select Restart.
- Select Trouble Shoot-> Reset your PC.
- From here, there will be a few options: You will select Reset this PC-> Remove everything. Please note this will reset your entire device to default settings.
- Keep my files will keep your saved personal files. This is the quickest option, but if thee issue stems from your personal files, it may not correct the problem.
- Remove everything this deletes all of your files, personal settings, and installed apps.
- Make your selection, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select Next
- Select Reset. The reset operation will begin, and may take a few minutes. Give the device enough time for the reset operation to finish.