Start a new topic
Solved

Dark screen

I have a Vulcan Omega. I get the Vulcan screen then a dark screen with faint light background. If I press the power button to turn it off, the bottom half of the Windows shutdown screen appears. I slide this screen down and the tablet turns off. How do I get Windows to open?
1 Comment

Hello Randy,

Thank you for your patience. You may have to perform a factory reset or try to use our recovery drives to restore the device to normal. 

How to complete a Factory Reset on Windows 10 devices

Please follow this instructions on how to Factory Reset your device. Please keep in mind when doing this, it will cause any saved documents to be completely removed from your device. You will need a USB KEYBOARD  and a OTG cable to complete the reset from the Power Button on your device.

( If you have an Excursion tablet with a working keyboard you will not need an additional keyboard ) 

From the Sign In screen, hit the Power Button

• From the Sign In screen, hit the power button located on the lower right corner. 
  • Hold the Shift Key located on the left side of your keyboard. 
  • Keep you finger on the  the Shift Key while holding down the Shift Key, select Restart.
  • Wait for the device to restart  a new screen will pop up on startup. Remove your finger from the Shift Key,  select Restart Anyway.
  • Select Reset your PC. When prompted, select Next
  • From here, there will be a few options:
    • Keep my files will keep your saved personal files. This is the quickest option, but if thee issue stems from your personal files, it may not correct the problem.
    • Remove everything this deletes all of your files, personal settings, and installed apps.
    • Restore factory settings deletes all files, apps, settings and reverts the device to the version of Windows that came factory installed. This option is only available for those who upgraded their devices from a previous version of Windows.
  • Make your selection, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select Next
  • Select Reset. The reset operation will begin, and may take a few minutes. Give the device enough time for the reset operation to finish.

From Within Windows:

• Pull up the Start menu
  • Select Settings
  • Select Update and Security, and then Recovery. Select Get Started under Reset this PC
  • From here, there will be a few options:
    • Keep my files will keep your saved personal files. This is the quickest option, but if thee issue stems from your personal files, it may not correct the problem.
    • Remove everything this deletes all of your files, personal settings, and installed apps.
    • Restore factory settings deletes all files, apps, settings and reverts the device to the version of Windows that came factory installed. This option is only available for those who upgraded their devices from a previous version of Windows.
  • Make your selection, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select Next
  • Select Reset. The reset operation will begin, and may take a few minutes. Allow the device enough time to complete the process.

Please follow the steps below to restore your  device to the original state. 

1. Download Rufus format partition tool from the link  below. 

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

2. Plug in an empty Flash Drive  that has at least 8 to 16 GB free into extra computer or device.

3. Run RUFUS and select the  following parameters.  

A. Device - Select your USB flash drive

B. Partition Scheme and target  system type - GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer

C. File System - NTFS

D. Cluster Size - Leave as  Default

E. New Volume Name - Winpe - it must be named this otherwise it won't work properly.

See photograph below as  reference. Please make sure you uncheck the box that says – create a bootable  disk using ISO. 

4. Download the Recovery drive  for your device at the link below. 

https://support.vulcanelectronics.com/support/discussions/topics/6000042984

5. Unzip files and then move all  files in folder (should be at least 10 to 20 files and folders) TO the  formatted FLASH DRIVE. 

6. Turn off your Device and plug  in your OTG cable and the Flash drive. Please use a USB 4 port HUB so you can  use a keyboard if necessary.  

7. Turn on device and constantly  press the ESC button to get into BIOS. 

8. Go to the last menu option and in the boot override  section arrow down to "UEFI: <Thumbdrive>" and hit enter.   If your device does not show boot override, you will need to manually set the  Thumbdrive as first in priority under the boot options, then save/exit. It  should then boot up and perform the flash and shutdown. 

9. Remove Flash drive before restarting. 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU. 

Login or Signup to post a comment