Start a new topic
Solved

Reset password

How do I reset password my son put on his VTA07031M16 without a Bluetooth keyboard?
1 Comment

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately the only way to reset your password is to use the factory reset option. The only way to perform the factory reset is to use a USB keyboard and an OTG cable. The reason why this is the case is because the tablet disables the bluetooth reciever and touch screen once you get to a certain point in the process of resettting the password. 

Please see the instructions on how to reset your password below. 

Password Reset Instructions

Please keep in mind when doing this, it will cause any saved documents to be completely removed from your device. You will need to use an OTG cable and a USB keyboard  to complete the process. 

From the Sign In screen, tap on the power icon on the lower right corner on your device. 

• Hold the Shift Key using a separate USB keyboard
  • With the Shift Key pressed, select Restart
  • Wait for the Surface to restart. A new screen will pop up on startup. If asked, select Restart.
  • Select Trouble Shoot-> Reset your PC. 

• From here, there will be a few options: You will select Reset this PC-> Remove everything. Please note this will reset your entire device to default settings. 
  • Keep my files will keep your saved personal files. This is the quickest option, but if thee issue stems from your personal files, it may not correct the problem.
  • Remove everything this deletes all of your files, personal settings, and installed apps.
  • Make your selection, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select Next
  • Select Reset. The reset operation will begin, and may take a few minutes. Give the device enough time for the reset operation to finish.

Best Regards,

Matthew

Login or Signup to post a comment